Are you interested in?
- Half-day rafting trip from Jasper
- Paddle for 1.5 hours on the Athabasca River
- Put in at the base of Athabasca Falls
- Travel with a certified river guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
Our meeting location is in the parking lot across from the Shell Gas Station on Connaught Drive in Downtown Jasper 15 minutes before your trip departure time. Look for the White Rafting Van for check in procedure. All day Parking is available in the public parking lot.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Grab a paddle and climb into a six passenger white water raft, then leave the shore with the thundering sounds of Athabasca Falls just behind you. The guide will steer you into the current as you paddle into a channel between the high rock walls of Athabasca Canyon.
You’ll take on a series of fun, exciting Class II rapids, then the river will flatten out for the relaxing final stretch. After roughly 1.5 hours on the water, the guide will steer you back to shore for the return trip to Jasper, where this tour concludes.
Please note: wetsuits, neoprene booties, and paddle jackets will be provided, as you’re sure to get wet while splashing through the rapids. Wear a swimsuit and bring dry clothes and a towel, as well as wool socks and a warm, post-paddle jacket for cooler days.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be a minimum of 5 years of age
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- This trip runs in all weather conditions. Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wetsuits, spray jackets, neoprene booties and life jackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (No cotton should be worn)
- All departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maligne Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "They provide all the gear, you don’t need any experience for this trip." See review