6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Visit a Magellanic and Gentoo penguin rookery on Martillo island and explore Estancia Harberton on this tour from Ushuaia. With a naturalist guide, view the nearly one thousand nests and see the penguins go about their daily life. Admire other birdlife like skúas, petrels, cormorants, vultures and South American terns. Back on the mainland, enjoy free time at the traditional Estancia Harberton to walk through the gardens and visit the historic buildings. Round-trip transportation from downtown Ushuaia is included.
- Visit a Magellanic and Gentoo penguin rookery on Martillo island
- Admire other bird life like skúas, petrels, cormorants, vultures and South American terns
- Enjoy free time at the traditional Estancia Harberton to walk through the gardens and visit the historic buildings
- Learn about the ecology, plant and animal life in the area from a naturalist guide
Saved to wishlist!
Professional bilingual English and Spanish tour guide
Round-trip transportation from the port of Ushuaia to Harberton farm
Round-trip boat ride from Harberton farm to Martillo Island
1-hour guided walk among the penguins
Free time to explore Harberton farm and Museum Acatushun
Harberton Ranch entrance fee
Food and beverages
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPiratour, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the tour does not include pick up at the hotel and starts from a meeting point. Our guide will meet you at the meeting point is 30 minutes before the beginning of the tour
- This tour is not ideal for Cruise Ship Passengers because of tour schedules
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Argentina
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Walk with the Penguins in Martillo Island?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Walk with the Penguins in Martillo Island?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Walk with the Penguins in Martillo Island?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Walk with the Penguins in Martillo Island?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This tour is a must if you go to Ushuaia." See review
- "Get up close to penguins in their natural habitat.great guide." See review
- "We mandatorily had to retrieve the voucher physically in a local agency, which would have been a potential problem if we had arrived later than we did as we stayed just one day in Ushuaia (only for the penguins)." See review
Product code: 5239P80
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursKid FriendlyOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUshuaiaBus Tours - PatagoniaNature and Wildlife - PatagoniaWater Tours - PatagoniaWalking Tours - PatagoniaHalf-day Tours - PatagoniaBus Tours - Punta ArenasNature and Wildlife - Punta ArenasWater Tours - Punta ArenasWalking Tours - Punta ArenasHalf-day Tours - Punta ArenasBus Tours - Puerto NatalesNature and Wildlife - Puerto NatalesWater Tours - Puerto NatalesWalking Tours - Puerto NatalesHalf-day Tours - Puerto NatalesCategory
Lake FagnanoLapataia BayUshuaia Maritime Museum (Museo Marítimo y del Presidio)Akatushun Museum (Museo Akatushun)Esmeralda Lagoon (Laguna Esmeralda)Lake EscondidoAcatushun MuseumMaritime Museum (Old Ushuaia Prison)Les Eclaireurs LighthouseUshuaia Cruise PortGaribaldi Pass (Paso Garibaldi)End of the World Museum (Museo del Fin del Mundo)Martial Glacier