Ancient Mayans were the first to begin using cocoa beans in culinary preparations, and today, Guatemala is one of the countries most associated with chocolate production. At the ChocoMuseo Antigua, visitors learn about the history of chocolate and the chocolate production process in a hands-on, kid-friendly setting.
During the ChocoMuseo’s three-times-daily Beans-to-Bar Workshop, a guide walks attendees through the entire chocolate-making process, from harvest and roasting to tempering and molding. Along the way, guests get to prepare cocoa tea, Mayan hot chocolate and European hot chocolate, as well as a box of their own handmade chocolates to bring home. The museum also offers a truffle workshop and a full day tour with a visit to a working cocoa plantation.
Ways to experience ChocoMuseo Antigua
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are ChocoMuseo Antigua hours of operation?
Should I book ChocoMuseo Antigua tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit ChocoMuseo Antigua 2020?
Things to do near Antigua
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Santa Ana
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in La Libertad
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands