Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute)
Part of the Thai Red Cross, the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute and Snake Farm in Bangkok aims to show that snakes are more than just reptiles to be feared.You can learn all about the evolution of snakes and their lifecycle by touring the informative exhibits, and there are terrariums on display with live reptiles. There are even shows where you can see how venom is extracted from snakes to make antivenom medication. To see more of Bangkok’s attractions in one day you can visit the farm as part of a customizable private tour of the city.
Things to know before you go
- Tickets are required to visit the snake farm, and discounts are available for children.
- Live venom extraction shows are held daily.
- You’ll be able to see rare species at the farm, including pit vipers, anacondas, and Burmese pythons.
How to get there
The snake farm is located at the corner of Rama IV and Henry Dunant roads in downtown Bangkok. It’s a short walk away from Lumpini Park, and the closest metro station is Sam Yan.
When to get there
The farm is open 7 days a week. On Saturday and Sunday, it closes at lunchtime. It makes for an interesting rainy day activity and kids are sure to be fascinated by the snake venom extraction display.
Go for a Stroll in Lumpini Park
Bangkok is an extremely developed city, which makes its green spaces such as Lumpini Park (the city’s largest park) even more appealing. Here you’ll find strolling families sharing space with joggers and people practicing Tai Chi. Stroll past the lake, or rent one of the swan-shaped pedalboats and set out to see the park from a different perspective.
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Rajadamnern Stadium
- BTS Skytrain (Bangkok Mass Transit System)
- MBK Center
- Siam Square
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Line Village Bangkok
- SEA LIFE® Bangkok Ocean World
- Madame Tussauds Bangkok
- KidZania Bangkok
- Lumpini Park (Lumphini Park)
- Jim Thompson House Museum
- Erawan Shrine
- Sky Bar
- Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)