Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre
In 1847, after nearly a decade of living in the hills of the Barossa Valley, Bavarian-native Johann Gramp and his wife decided to literally put down roots in the Australian countryside and planted nearly 30 hectares of grapevines. While the couple almost immediately began producing wine, it wasn’t until 1976 that the name Jacob’s Creek” was introduced to the public. Gramp’s first Shiraz-Cab blend was a hit among wine lovers.
Today, some 150 years later, this vineyard’s commitment to family traditions and its drive for innovation holding strong. Today, travelers can visit this famous vineyard and tour the age-old grounds of Jacob’s Creek, as well as sample wines and learn about production and farming at the innovative, modern and environmentally sound new Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre.