Legend has it that tango developed in the brothels and backstreets of Buenos Aires' port districts. Today, the passionate dance form is on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List. Read on for the best ways to experience tango in Buenos Aires.
- Listen to authentic tango music at one of Buenos Aires' live music venues.
- Take in a professional tango show and enjoy a dance lesson afterward.
- Combine a dance lesson with a historical tour of Buenos Aires' most important tango landmarks.
- Enjoy a typical 3-course Argentinean meal during a tango dinner show.
- Many tango-themed tours include round-trip hotel transportation.
Tango Shows with Dinner
Why not make a whole evening of it and combine a traditional tango show with a delicious dinner? Many professional tango shows include an optional 3-course meal of classic Argentinean food and wine, which you'll enjoy during the dance performance. Many tours offer hotel pickup and drop-off.
Tango Dance Lessons
For a truly quintessential Buenos Aires experience, immerse yourself in the local scene while learning basic tango steps during a lesson at a traditional milonga (tango dance club). Dance lessons can be taken on their own or as part of a combo tour that includes dinner and a professional tango show.