Perched on the sparkling shores of Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) against a backdrop of the Swiss and French Alps, Montreux is one of the many highlights of the Swiss Riviera. Here are your options for tours to the magical lakeside town from nearby Geneva.
- Stroll along Montreux’s picturesque lakeside promenade, then set sail on a scenic cruise around Lake Geneva.
- Visit Montreux landmarks such as Chillon Castle (Château de Chillon), Chaplin’s World, and the Montreux Casino.
- Combine a Montreux tour with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Lavaux Vineyards, the lakeside town of Vevey, or a cheese-tasting tour of Gruyères.
- Ride the Glacier 3000 cable car to the Les Diablerets ski resort and enjoy spectacular panoramic views over the Alps.
- Time your visit for the famous Montreux Christmas Market or the legendary Montreux Jazz Festival.
Things to Know
- Montreux is about 56 miles (90 kilometers) northeast of Geneva, just over an hour by road.
- Day tours from Geneva typically last between seven and 12 hours, and often stop at destinations like Lausanne or Vevey along the way.
- Some tours include hotel pickup and entrance fees to top attractions such as Chillon Castle.