One of Los Angeles’ major draws is its accessibility to several big-name theme parks, including the iconic Disneyland® Park and the popular Universal Studios. Your family can take part in the movie-making magic of Tinseltown with studio tours, rides, over-the-top attractions, and more. Here are some kid-friendly activities to consider.
- Head to Universal Studios Hollywood, where you can go behind the scenes and see actual film sets, ride attractions based on popular movies, like Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and Transformers™: The Ride 3-D, and enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.
- Go to Disneyland Park to hang out with Mickey and his friends and enjoy attractions and rides suited for visitors of all ages.
- Book the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, which offers a glimpse into the inner workings of a real-life Hollywood studio with outdoor sets and soundstages. Your family can join in on the fun with an interactive experience called Stage 48: Script to Screen.
- Visit Madame Tussauds Hollywood to pose with celebrities—or, rather, their wax counterparts—then enjoy the 360° animated 4-D cinema where you can experience special effects like ground tremors and wind.
- Take a whale-watching excursion off the Palos Verdes Peninsula and look for gray, humpback, and sperm whales, sharks, seabirds, dolphins, and sea lions with the help of a guide.
- Ride around on a hop-on, hop-off bus tour and stop at the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum to watch scientists at work excavating Ice Age fossils.
- Travel to Santa Monica to explore the public aquarium and ride the giant ferris wheel at Pacific Park, an oceanfront amusement park on a pier.