Under the reign of notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar and his cartel, Medellin endured a reputation as the most dangerous city in Colombia. To understand today’s cosmopolitan Medellin, it’s helpful to understand rise and fall of Escobar. Here are your options for Pablo Escobar history tours in Medellin.
- Explore Medellin neighborhoods such as El Poblado, La Paz, and Comuna 13, as well as Barrio Pablo Escobar, where many houses were built by the drug lord.
- See the Monaco building, known as ground zero for the war between Pablo’s Medellin cartel and the rival Cali cartel, on a guided tour.
- Listen as a knowledgeable tour guide narrates Escobar’s life, from trafficking drugs and smuggling cocaine into the United States to his assassination attempt and death.
- Visit the cemetery where Escobar is buried; see La Catedral, Escobar's hybrid “jail vacation home;” or eat at one of Escobar’s favorite restaurants.
- Combine an Escobar tour with other Medellin sights such as Pueblito Paisa, Botero Plaza, and Parque de las Luces.
- Enjoy a more personalized experience with a small-group or private tour.