The Red Sea bordering Egypt teems with pristine coral reefs—an ideal habitat for abundant marine life, from big mammals to colorful fish. Sharm el Sheikh makes an excellent base for some of the best diving adventures on the planet. Here’s what you need to know.
- Enjoy the crystal clear waters and colorful sea life of the Red Sea.
- Explore one of Egypt’s most popular dive sites, Ras Mohammed National Park.
- Get your feet wet during a PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn your basic or open water PADI scuba certification.
- Choose between shore and boat diving.
- Treat the kids to an underwater Bubble Maker adventure.
Scuba Diving for Beginners
You don’t need to be certified to enjoy the clear waters and colorful reefs just off the shores of Sharm el Sheikh. If you’ve never tried diving before, a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course offers a safe introduction to the underwater world with the guidance of a professional dive instructor. It’s an excellent option for new divers with limited time. It’s also possible to get your open-water certification while on vacation with a course that includes five dives in a swimming pool and another four in the open waters of the Red Sea.
Scuba Diving for Certified Divers
Certified divers have even more options for exploring Egypt’s underwater world. Customize your own dive trip at Ras Mohammed National Park and the Tiran Straight to sites like Shark and Yolanda Reef, Jackfish Alley, Shark Observatory, and Ras Za’atar. If you’re ready to take your diving to the next level, you can earn your Advanced Open Water certification while enjoying Egypt’s excellent diving conditions.