- Full-day tour to Kangaroo Island by coach and ferry or air, from Adelaide
- Take a guided walk among Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Enjoy a 2-course lunch in stunning Vivonne Bay while looking at wildlife from the restaurant windows
- See kangaroos, koalas and other critters at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Walk along the coast at Flinders Chase National Park, one of South Australia’s top national parks
- Snap photos of the sculpture-like rock formations named Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch
- Choose to travel by coach and ferry or airplane to arrive at and return from Kangaroo Island
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointAdelaide Central Bus Station Franklin St, 83 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
If you’re starting by ferry, your day trip begins with pickup in Adelaide by coach for the drive with your guide across the Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis, where you catch the ferry for a cruise across Backstairs Passage to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island. Upon arrival, board another coach for your tour of the island. If you’re starting by plane, land at the island’s Kingscote Airport, where you are met by the coach.
Then begin your Kangaroo Island experience at Seal Bay Conservation Park to witness Australian sea lions lazing on the beach; take a coastal walk with a National Parks ranger for an up-close look at the colony. Continue to Vivonne Bay for a 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, where picture windows and a deck provide opportunities to watch for koalas and kangaroos in the surrounding bush.
After lunch, visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, where kangaroos, wallabies, and echidnas roam free and koalas stay lazy in their eucalyptus groves, and then head to Flinders Chase National Park on the rugged southwest coast of the island to walk among the granite boulders known as the Remarkable Rocks. See the rock archway known as Admirals Arch, admire Cape du Couedic and watch long-nosed fur seals as they play and relax.
Throughout your tour, hear about the history of Kangaroo Island and learn interesting facts about the animals from your knowledgeable guide. When your time on the island is up, head back to the ferry landing or the airport, watching for more kangaroos along the way, for your ferry ride or flight back to the mainland.
Please note: Due to recent bushfires, a modified itinerary is in effect until Flinders Chase reopens which includes Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, Seal Bay Conservation Park, Raptor Domain, and KI Wildlife Park.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please bring light jacket and sun protection
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travellers
- OPERATED BY The Sealink Travel Group
If you cancel between 7 and 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 2 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 80 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 1 day of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 31 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kangaroo Island in a Day Tour from Adelaide.