From the red lava rock landscape of Waimea Canyon to the towering sea cliffs of the Na Pali Coast, Kauai has some of the most spectacular scenery on Earth. Begin your aerial tour at the Lihue Airport Commuter Terminal. (Cruise ship passengers can arrange to be picked up at the port by contacting the tour operator ahead of time.)
Meet your experienced pilot-guide and climb aboard the GA8 Airvan, a small plane specially designed for observation with large bubble windows, high wings and a slower cruising speed. The aircraft seats up to six passengers for an intimate, small group experience. Put on a pair of noise-canceling headphones with a two-way intercom so you can communicate with the pilot and hear narration about the sights below.
Soar over Kauai’s diverse landscapes for unmatched aerial views of highlights like Waimea Canyon, Mt Waialeale, the golden beaches of Poipu, tropical cascades, Hanalei Bay and the towering spires of the Na Pali Coast. Ask questions as much as you like and customize your experience with requests to revisit certain sights or linger a bit longer over your favorite parts of the island.
After flying for 65 to 70 minutes, you’ll touch down back at the Lihue airstrip.
• Starting in Lihue, you will first see Kipu Kai, the beach made famous by Harrison Ford’s 6 Days and 7 Nights.
• Travel on to see the famous Jurassic Park waterfall in the beautiful Hanapepe Valley (weather permitting).
• Soar over the vast Waimea Canyon, the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” as well as the famous Na Pali Coastline.
• Finish off with the lovely Hanalei Bay before heading back to the Lihue Airport.
• The additional time also allows us to show you the numerous waterfalls of the Hanalei Valley as well as the crater below Kauai’s Mt. Waiale’ale.
• In winter months, whale watching may be feasible.