Are you interested in?
- A multi-day sightseeing tour of Lhasa, Tibet, with train travel from Shanghai
- Discover some of China’s most stunning and overlooked landscapes on a comfortable train ride
- Enjoy comfortable accommodation in 4-star hotels, along with tasty meals and entrance fees
- Opt to add on 2 and 4-day options to Everest Base Camp, Lake Namtso, and Shigatse
Departure & Return
Departure PointLhasa Railway Station, Doilungdêqên District, Lhasa, China
Return Details1: Lhasa Railway Station, Doilungdêqên District, Lhasa, China
2: Lhasa Gonggar Airport International Departure, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas in advance
- Please note that you will only be allowed to enter Tibet with a Tibet travel permit. Your local tour operator will help you apply for a Tibet permit (usually need at least 12 days), but be sure you have a passport which is valid for at least 6 months
- A copy of your Tibet travel permit will be sent to you in advance. When entering into Shanghai Train Station, please present your Tibet travel permit, train ticket, passport, and Chinese visa to the conductor
- Once the train ticket from Shanghai to Lhasa is booked, it can not be canceled by tour supplier. If customers cancel the tour after train ticket has been booked, they will be charged the cost of train ticket
- A valid passport and China L Visa used to apply for Tibet Permit are required on the travelling period
- Price is based on double occupancy. Single room supplement is subject to availability and additional charge
- In June, July, or August, the hard or soft sleeper train tickets are difficult to purchase, tour supplier will recommend some transfer trains for choosing. Both sides will choose the better one.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY China Tibet Train
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group 5-Night Lhasa Tour by Train from Shanghai.