Stop 1 - Fisherman's Wharf / Information Center
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Taylor & Jefferson
Once home to San Francisco's fishing fleet, the old factories, and warehouses that once dotted the wharf have now been converted into great shops and restaurants. Highlights include: the Cannery at Del Monte Square’s shops and restaurants; San Francisco Maritime Historic Park at Hyde Street Pier and Aquatic Park; the famous Hyde and Taylor street Cable Car turnarounds. Attractions include: Ripley's Believe It or Not, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, The San Francisco Dungeon, and more.
Stop 2 – Ghirardelli Square / Maritime Museum
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: On North Point and Polk
The former chocolate factory is now home to dozens of boutique shops, wine tasting rooms, and restaurants. Enjoy a hot fudge sundae at the Ghirardelli Ice Cream Parlor or put your toes in the sand at Aquatic Park.
Stop 3 - North Beach / Little Italy
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Columbus Street between Powell & Union streets
POINTS OF INTEREST: Enjoy cultured cafés, restaurants, and gelaterias or walk to Coit Tower, Lombard “the world’s crookedest” Street, and Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral.
Stop 4 - Union Square
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Geary Street at Powell (across from Macy’s) or Post Street at Stockton (across from Levi’s) during construction
Central Shopping and Theatre District, featuring department stores, upscale boutiques, art galleries, salons, grand hotels, and repertory theaters. Westfield Centre and Cable Car turnarounds.
Stop 5 – Civic Center / City Hall
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Corner of Larkin & Fulton (Asian Art Museum)
Featuring the Beaux-Arts City Hall with its massive gold leaf covered dome, the War Memorial Opera House, Davies Symphony Hall, and the Asian Art Museum.
Stop 6 – Alamo Square (nearby)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: On Fell Street at Northeast Corner of Pierce
Walk just two blocks to the famous row of San Francisco Victorians / "The Painted Ladies." Note that tour buses are banned from going within two blocks of the houses, so this does require a short walk.
Stop 7 - Haight-Ashbury (West)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Haight Street at Cole (in front of Rasputin's music)
Eclectic district, famous for its role in the 1960s hippie movement, is still a center for bohemian culture. It is lined with one-of-a-kind shops, trendy cafes, bars, and restaurants.
Stop 8 - Golden Gate Park / California Academy of Sciences
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Concourse Drive, in front of De Young Museum (Sundays and holidays: 8th Ave. and Fulton)
Here at the Music Concourse and cultural heart of Golden Gate Park, see the De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Botanical and Japanese Tea Gardens. Also nearby, boat rentals at Stow Lake.
Stop 9 – Golden Gate Bridge (North Vista Point)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: North Vista Point
Great views of San Francisco’s skyline and Alcatraz Island or walk the span of the bridge over the entrance of San Francisco Bay.
Stop 10 – Palace of Fine Arts / Presidio
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: South corner of Richardson and Francisco streets at the bus stop.
Stop just across the street from this beautiful relic of the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition, famous for weddings, movie scenes, and a great place to relax and have a picnic. Take a short walk through the Letterman Digital Arts Center and head to the Presidio Main Post where you can get up close with Mickey at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
Stop 11 – Marina / Cow Hollow
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Southwest corner of Lombard at Gough Street. Right in front of the Buena Vista Motor Inn, 1595 Lombard Street.
A convenient stop for hotels on Van Ness and Lombard, you can walk 5 blocks east up Lombard Street and check out the winding roads down famous Lombard Street, "the crookedest street."
Stop 12 - Chinatown Gate
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: On Bush at Grant Street, just before the Chinatown Gate
Go through “The Dragon Gate” entry to Chinatown and into the bustling community beyond. Also nearby, San Francisco’s very own quaint French Quarter.
Stop 13 - Pier 3 (Hornblower Cruises & Events)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Embarcadero @ Pier 3 entrance.
Disembark at Pier 3 and explore the bustling Embarcadero, the Ferry Building, the Exploratorium, and more.
Stop 14 - Pier 33 (Alcatraz Cruises)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: Embarcadero between Pier 33 & Pier 35
The only way to get to Alcatraz Island is at this stop via Alcatraz Cruises.
Stop 15 - Pier 39
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: White zone at Pier 39
Now on to our last stop but certainly not the least, Pier 39. Hop off and enjoy Pier 39. Home to SF's famous sea lions, Aquarium of the Bay, and many other shops, restaurants, and attractions.
Stop 8B - Golden Gate Park (Sunday and Holiday Stop)
* Hop-On, Hop-Off: 8th Avenue and Fulton Street