Are you interested in?
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing self-guided day hike
- Trek through the volcanic landscape of Tongariro National Park
- Climb the Red Crater and descend to the Emerald Lakes
- Map and information sheet provided
- Includes shuttle service from hotels or parking lots, depending on option selected
Departure & Return
Departure PointTongariro National Park, Tongariro National Park, Manawatu-Wanganui Region, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Taupo, Turangi, Tongariro Holiday Park and Ketetahi Park N Ride. Please arrive 30 mins before pick up time for the Ketetahi option
If you require pick up from accommodation please contact us to ensure we pick up from there first before booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, or pregnant women
- Weather conditions can change, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travellers
- OPERATED BY Tongariro Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.