ADAM Brussels Design Museum
The ADAM’s permanent collection features a variety of everyday items along with unusual pieces—everything from iMacs to artsy chairs are on display. Temporary exhibits run the gamut, focusing on everything from interior design to graphic design, and design experts regularly hold talks for those who want a deeper experience. Visitors can prebook admission tickets to avoid lines, and admission is included with the Brussels Card.
Things to Know Before You Go
The ADAM is a must-visit for anyone interested in design.
A free, downloadable audio guide is available in multiple languages.
The museum is fully wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
Situated across from Hall 5 of the Heysel Exhibition Park, a couple of minutes' walk from the Atomium, the ADAM is easy to access using public transportation. The nearest metro stop is at Heizel, on line 6 (or line 7 of the tram). The Red City Sightseeing bus also stops nearby, and a loaner-bike station (number 281) is situated on the Boulevard du Centenaire, right by the museum.
When to Get There
The ADAM is open every day of the year. On most days, it's open from late morning to evening, but note that the ticket office closes in the late afternoon. Hours are shorter on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
Hands-On at the ADAM
For a hands-on experience, visit the museum’s plastic lab, known as the Platicotek. Here visitors can handle a wide variety of objects, while learning about their manufacture and significance. The museum also offers workshops for children on subjects ranging from plastic arts to animation.
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Museums of the Far East
- Train World
- National Basilica of the Sacred Heart (Basilique Nationale du Sacré-Coeur)
- Autrique House (Maison Autrique)
- Brussels Beer Project
- Cinquantenaire District
- Belgian Comic Strip Center
- Royal Galleries of Saint Hubert (Les Galeries St-Hubert)
- St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral
- Brussels City Museum (Musée de la Ville de Bruxelles)
- Grand-Place (Grote Markt)
- Brussels Town Hall (Hotel de Ville)
- Hard Rock Cafe Brussels