Cairns Botanic Gardens
Travelers in search of a tropical paradise need look no further than Cairns Botanic Gardens. This horticultural wonderland is home to more than 4,000 different species of flora from around the world. Clearly printed labels and informational brochures make it easy for every visitor to become an expert.
The lush grounds of this popular destination are ripe with thick ferns and brilliant foliage. Mile-high palms and towering shade trees cast cooling shadows across the lawn, perfect for escaping the midday sun, and the area’s peaceful landscape and quiet surroundings draw bikers, joggers and walkers. Indigenous-birding tours and an extensive orchid collection, as well as exhibition halls filled with exotic plants, are well worth the price of admission—free!
Ways to experience Cairns Botanic Gardens
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Cairns Botanic Gardens hours of operation?
Should I book Cairns Botanic Gardens tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cairns Botanic Gardens 2020?
What's the best way to experience Cairns Botanic Gardens?
- Cairns City Sights and Surrounds Tour
- Small-Group Afternoon Cairns City Tour with Harbour Dinner Cruise
- Cairns Shore Excursion: Cairns City Sights & Surrounds Tour
- Let's Go Buggin - 2 Hour Photography Walking Tour
Things to do near Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter