About 5 miles (8 kilometers) off the coast of Gansbaai, a town in South Africa's Western Cape, Dyer Island is a bird sanctuary closed to the public. It was originally called Ilha de Fera, Portuguese for “Island of Wild Creatures,” which makes sense given that the island is home to hundreds of African penguins.
Tours and tickets to Experience Dyer Island
Should I book Dyer Island tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Dyer Island 2021?
What's the best way to experience Dyer Island?
- Shark Cage Diving and Viewing from Cape Town
- Shark cage diving & viewing tours in Gansbaai
- Shark Cage Diving and Viewing from Hermanus
- Marine Big 5 Adventure from Cape Town
Things to do near Cape Town
- Things to do in Western Cape
- Things to do in Stellenbosch
- Things to do in Franschhoek
- Things to do in Port Elizabeth
- Things to do in Gauteng
- Things to do in KwaZulu-Natal
- Things to do in Zanzibar
- Things to do in Kilimanjaro
- Things to do in South West Nigeria
- Things to do in Mahé
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil