Providing a glimpse into early 1900s working-class Glasgow life, the Tenement House, restored by the National Trust for Scotland, shows how Miss Agnes Toward lived for over 50 years in the four-room home she shared with other lodgers. The Victorian flat maintains much of its original fittings, and you’ll see fascinating details, such as the old straw beds and blackened ball of soap, providing an insight into another time.
On a visit, you’ll see how an independent woman lived in a time of gas lighting (electricity wasn’t introduced to this house until 1960), and on the ground floor you’ll get to peruse Miss Toward’s extensive personal archive.
Tours and tickets to Experience Tenement House
Should I book Tenement House tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Tenement House 2021?
Things to do near Glasgow
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England