Church of St. Anne
The stunning white and gray façade of the Church of St. Anne is one of the best-preserved Crusader churches in Jerusalem. It’s also recognized as the site of the birthplace of the Virgin Mary, and the original home of Jesus’s maternal grandparents.
This fortress-like structure was built around 450. Religious pilgrims journey to this destination, which provides quiet respite from the energy of the Muslim Quarter, for prayer and contemplation. The uniquely asymmetrical building offers up incredible acoustics, and visitors who are lucky enough to catch the small local choir performing will find their voices sound like a massive crowd inside the halls of the Church of St. Anne.
Tours and tickets to Experience Church of St. Anne
Jerusalem Super Saver: Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Day Tour plus In the Footsteps of Jesus Walking Tour
Should I book Church of St. Anne tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Church of St. Anne 2021?
What's the best way to experience Church of St. Anne?
- Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- 4-Day Christian Tour of Israel from Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Tour from Tel Aviv: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- 4-Day Christian Tour from Tel Aviv: Jerusalem, Jericho, Bethlehem and Nazareth
Things to do near Jerusalem
- Things to do in Bethlehem
- Things to do in Sweimah
- Things to do in Tel Aviv
- Things to do in Madaba
- Things to do in Amman
- Things to do in Petra
- Things to do in Beirut
- Things to do in Eilat
- Things to do in Aqaba
- Things to do in Port Said
- Things to do in Suez
- Things to do in Cairo
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera