Take the Pöstlingbergbahn mountain railway and discover a scenic wonderland of dwarves and magic - Pöstlingberg. See the Bergstation, Pöstlingbergkirche, Grottenbahn and enjoy a walking tour of Linz Old Town highlights with a Local Guide.
- Take the famous Pöstlingbergbahn railway from Linz Hauptplatz to Pöstlingberg with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Enjoy a mountain excursion with a breeze of fresh air and amazing views over Linz
- See the Bergstation, Aussichtsplattform, and Pöstlingbergkirche
- Visit the realm of fairy tales and dwarves - the Grottenbahn
- Explore the highlights of Linz Old Town: Old Cathedral, Hauptplatz, New Cathedral and more
Add a touch of adventure to your stay in Linz and go on a mountain excursion to the magical Pöstlingberg Hill. Take the iconic Pöstlingbergbahn railway and see the amazing views over Linz city. Enjoy the best of nature and sightsee the most important landmarks.
Add a touch of adventure to your sightseeing of Linz with a relaxing cruise along the “culture mile.” See the city’s main landmarks, including Hauptplatz, New Cathedral, Ars Electronica Center, and more! Enjoy outstanding sights with live commentary.
Choose one of our excellent tour options tailored to your needs and interests. Read the description carefully as each option includes a different program
3,5-hours: Old Town Walking Tour with a Guided Cruise
Explore the highlights of Linz’s Old Town, including Hartplatz, Castle Park, and New Cathedral, and go on a 100 minutes guided cruise.
3,5-hours: Old Town Walking Tour with a Non-Guided Cruise
Choose this option if you prefer to enjoy a cruise without a guide. During the walking tour, you will see Old Town highlights such as the Hartplatz, Castle Park, New Cathedral
There is an incredible amount of history and culture to discover in Linz, so let your private guide lead you on an ultimate adventure.
Welcome to charming Linz, a place famous for its rich cultural life with numerous museums and attractive landscape characterized by the Danube and green hills. Linz is the perfect mixture between old and new, a contemporary hub that harbors a charming Old Town filled with historic baroque architecture. During this walking tour through the heart of Linz, you will discover the most important attractions of Linz's old town, including the main square, the City Hall, Danube River, the Old Cathedral and the New Cathedral and the Mozart Residence. Linz is also a city of music and not to mention the cuisine, especially the Linzer Torte, the oldest cake recipe in the world, dating from 1653. Discover this, and much more, in a pleasant walking tour in beautiful Linz.
You will learn about:
The history of the city
"City of the Führer" - Hitler's past in Linz
Unique Fine-Art background history
The largest Church in Austria
Delicious Linzer Torte
Mozart's Linz Symphony (No 36)
Discover the most pleasant and stimulating aesthetics in the heart of Linz with a tour of Old Town, the Old Cathedral, Minoritenkriche, Ursuline Church of St Michael and the New Cathedral. Enjoy the poetic art with live commentary from an Expert-Guide.
- Embark on a sightseeing tour of Linz Old Town and Churches with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit 4 elegant churches: Old Cathedral, Minoritenkriche, Ursuline Church of St Michael and the New Cathedral
- See the Old Town highlights including the iconic main square Hauptplatz, Old Town Hall, Holy Trinity Column, Landhaus and more
- Discover the most outstanding religious art and decor in the showpieces of Austrian religious architecture
- Enjoy exclusive tour with Private Guide who will tailor the experience to your preferences
Join us on the most informative and personal tour of the most beautiful churches of Linz.Take a walk through the charming streets of the Old Town to discover the city’s artistic architecture & charms.
Keep your kids entertained on the most fun and exciting sightseeing tour of Linz Old Town. Visit the nostalgic railway museum, the Pöstlingbergbahn Museum, and the Castle Museum to make history fun with a family-friendly commentary from a Private Guide.
- Make history fun on a family-friendly tour of Linz with a 5-Stars Private Guide who can adapt communication to the age of a child
- Enjoy a tour program adapted to children, with interesting stories, tasks and riddles
- Play at old-school railway carriage at the Pöstlingbergbahn Museum
- See the top attractions and make unforgettable memories at the Old Town
- Discover Austrian history and culture at the Castle Museum
Join this family-friendly tour to experience Linz history and culture in the most fun and exciting way. Your friendly Private Guide will adapt the program and commentary to engage your children in sightseeing of the historic sites. Let the kids discover legends and fairy tales of Linz Old Town.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Upper Austria's capital of culture and art - Linz! Discover the city’s historic charm by visiting the Old Cathedral, the main square, Castle Park, New Cathedral and more! Enjoy outstanding sights with live commentary.
- Fall in love with the historic Linz Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Explore the stunning streets and main square of Linz
- Enjoy the lovely view of the Danube river at the Castle Park
- Visit the most stunning churches - the Old Cathedral and the New Cathedral
- Learn the history of Linz and Upper Austria at the visit to the Nordico Stadtmuseum and the Castle Museum
Join us on the most informative and personal tour of the charming Old Town of Linz. You will explore the most historically relevant and architecturally interesting buildings. There is an incredible amount of history and culture to discover in Linz, so let your Private Guide lead you on an adventure.
See Linz in the most effective way - on a bike! Explore the city’s modern and historic landmarks, including Linz’s main square and New Cathedral. Immerse yourself in the beauty of Upper Austria's capital of culture and art.
- Explore Linz’s outstanding architecture, lesser known spots and nature on a relaxing Bike Tour led by a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Enjoy eco-friendly sightseeing with a rented bike and adjusted pace
- See Old Town highlights: the main square, Trinity Column, New Cathedral and more
- Learn about the city’s history and culture from a Local Expert-Guide
- Be active, enjoy the urban nature and take amazing photos along the way
Join us on a Private Bike Tour in Linz to explore the most popular urban highlights and local nature. Enjoy an exciting ride with a Local-Expert Guide who will show you the way around the town. Make unforgettable memories and stay active.
Discover the life and works of the famous "son of the Bohemian Forest" Adalbert Stifter. Learn about Upper Austria’s literary history at the Adalbert Stifter Institute of language and literature. Get the best experience with a Literature Expert Guide.
Visit the Adalbert Stifler Institute with a 5-Stars Private Guide
Immerse yourself in the life and work of the famous writer Adalbert Stifler
See Stifler’s original works, paintings and personal items
Enjoy exhibitions commemorating Upper Austria’s history of literature
Learn about famous Austrian writers from a Literature Expert Guide
This tour is a must-go for the fans of the popular Austrian writer, poet painter and pedagog - Adalbert Stifter. You will visit Stifter Haus - Adalbert Stifter Institute to see a permanent exhibition dedicated to the author's personal life and literary legacy. Enjoy exploring memorial rooms dedicated to the pride of Upper Austria’s literature.
Immerse yourself in the natural and cultural history of Upper Austria at the Castle Museum in Linz! See the city’s top attractions - the Castle Museum, Old Cathedral, New Cathedral and Old Town.
Immerse yourself in the history of Linz and Upper Austria with a 5-Stars Expert-Guide
See the most educational exhibitions at the Castle Museum
Explore the stunning streets and main square of Linz Old Town
Visit the baroque highlight of Linz - the Old Cathedral
Admire the grand scale and fantastic stained glass windows at the New Cathedral
It is not a coincidence that Linz is known as the Upper Austria's capital of culture and art. On this tour you will enjoy the most interesting and educational exhibitions at the Castle Museum with live commentary from a private guide. Discover the city’s most historically significant and architecturally interesting buildings.
What is considered as one of the best places to have a date in the city? Where can you make lovely photos? You will be surprised how many historical love stories are hidden in the streets, buildings, parks of the city. Why New Cathedral is one of the most famous in Linz and in all Austria? You will feel spellbound in a charming atmosphere. From heartbreaking and tragic, to the hilarious or spicy ones. What's so magical about Pöstlingberg? This tour is especially recommended in the Saint Valentine period!. An exclusive tour for all the romantics of the world! Together with the professional local guide, you will visit the most romantic places in the city.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Search experiences that may have limited interaction with crowds.
Search experiences with increased health and safety practices.