Things to Do in Lisbon This Winter
Winter in Lisbon means cool but not cold temperatures and mostly dry days, plus the benefit of far fewer crowds and a scattering of festive events. Longer nights and earlier sunsets also make winter the perfect season to explore Lisbon by night. Here’s how best to enjoy the cooler months in Portugal’s capital.
- Take advantage of longer nights on anevening walking tourto learn about the city’s history and enjoy its landmarks illuminated by night.
- Spend the day exploringthe medieval town of Obidos, which hosts Christmas markets during the holiday season.
- Conquer Lisbon’s seven hills without breaking a sweat onan electric-bike tourthat takes you to the city’s best vantage points.
- Eat your fill of Portuguese cuisine on afood tourthat focuses on local markets, cheese, and charcuterie.
- Soar over Lisbon’s Atlantic coastline and take in Cabo da Roca, Europe’s westernmost point, during ascenic helicopter flight.
- Enjoy the year’s best waves while still keeping warm in a wetsuit duringa surfing lesson.
- Explore the best of Portuguese culture with afado show and wine-tasting tourof Lisbon’s cozy, century-old cellars.
- Delve deeper into the religious history of Portugal on an excursion to the pilgrimage site ofFátima, combined with relaxation at the nearby seaside resort ofNazaré.