San Francisco is a beautiful city, but there’s nothing like the awe-inspiring natural wonders of the nearby Yosemite Valley, including towering peaks, roaring falls, and bountiful wildlife. Here are your options for making the most of a day trip from the city.
- See the top sights (El Capitan, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, Glacier Point, Tunnel View, and more) with the help of a naturalist tour guide.
- Learn about the famous national park’s natural and human history, including an overview of major landmarks and local wildlife.
- Relax and enjoy the scenery on your own, or with a guide on a hike.
- Enjoy roundtrip transportation from San Francisco, plus pre-arranged meals, to make the most of your limited time.
- Combine your trip to Yosemite with a stop to see the giant sequoia trees at Sequoia National Park on the way back to the Bay Area.
Things to Know
- Yosemite National Park is located 200 miles (322 kilometers) east of San Francisco, about a four-hour drive away. The scenic drive takes travelers through California’s Central Valley.
- Yosemite tours range from private and small-group excursions to larger group bus tours.
- Day tours typically last about 13 to 15 hours, so prepare for a long day.
- Most tours include hotel pickup; some also include free time to explore Yosemite independently.