Things to Do & Must-See Attractions in Santos
At the Santos Coffee Museum visitors experience the world’s favorite caffeinated-beverage through history and of course, taste. The Coffee Museum is housed in what used to be the Coffee Stock Exchange, where Brazilian coffee was weighed and traded before being sent through the Santos Port and overseas.
The Coffee Stock Exchange closed in the 1960s and fell into disrepair, but after decades of restoration efforts, in 2005 the beautiful colonial building re-opened as the Coffee Museum. The building’s architecture is a highlight of a visit to the museum. High ceilings with stained-glass skylights lie above ornately designed marble floors on the Exchange’s main trading room. The museum’s exhibition rooms explain the historical and cultural significance of coffee in Brazil, and worldwide, through photos, paintings, antique coffee-farming tools and more.
Things to do near Santos
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Lake District