With its striking crescent shape, Sao Paulo’s iconic Hotel Unique has been said to look like many things — a copper half-moon, the hull of a ship...but locals just call it “the watermelon.” Designed by the Brazilian-Japanese architect Ruy Ohtake and renovated in late 2012, the luxury 95-room hotel has won numerous design awards. Critic Paul Goldberger even hailed the building as one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
Based in Jardim Paulista near Sao Paulo’s version of Central Park, Ibirapuera, inside Hotel Unique it’s all high ceilings and quirky touches like the huge blue cushion that is the lobby’s sitting area.
The hotel even has a water slide for grown-ups, and there's a crimson rooftop pool next to the Skye rooftop bar and restaurant: here you can sip a caipirinha or a wasabi martini, dine on French-Brazilian fusion food, and look out across Sao Paulo from one of the most fashionable spots in the city.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Hotel Unique?
- Best Sights Of Sao Paulo In 7 Hours – Every Weekend – Option For Airport Pick-up
- São Paulo Private City Tour from Santos Cruise Terminal
- Private São Paulo City Tour: Major Tourist Attractions – Optional Airport Pickup
- Private 3-hour Architecture Tour of São Paulo
Things to do near Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Ilha Grande
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Foz do Iguacu
- Things to do in Puerto Iguazu
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina