Tsarskoe Selo State Museum and Heritage Site Tours
Home of the Alexander and Catherine palaces and parks, Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo) is one of Russia’s most significant and beautiful cultural heritage sites. The imperial family’s former summer residence is a must for first-time visitors to St. Petersburg.
It’s possible to see Catherine Palace and Park in as little as half a day; you can even visit three imperial palaces (Peterhof, Catherine, and Pavlovsk) on a day trip. Some Pushkin tours stop by the Tsarskoselskaya Amber Workshop, responsible for restoring Catherine Palace’s impressive Amber Room.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Book your ticket to Catherine Palace in advance to skip the line and enjoy more time inside.
- Many attractions in Pushkin—including Catherine Palace—are accessible to wheelchairs.
Pushkin is about 16 miles (25 kilometers) south of St. Petersburg. Trains run regularly between Vitebskiy Station in St. Petersburg and Detskoe Selo Station in Pushkin, though it’s also common to visit as part of a tour with included transport.
When to Get There
Pushkin’s main attractions are typically open daily year-round, with extended hours from June to August. During the summer months, get there early to beat the crowds. Catherine Palace is closed on Tuesdays.
What’s in a Name
The town of Pushkin—originally Tsarskoye Selo—was named after Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin, one of Russia’s greatest poets and the founder of modern Russian literature. While born in Moscow, the poet spent several summers studying in Tsarskoye Selo. Learn more about him at the Pushkin Memorial Dacha Museum inside his former home.
84 Tours and Activities to Experience Tsarskoe Selo State Museum and Heritage Site
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1-Day St Petersburg PRIVATE Excursion to Peterhof & Tsarskoye Selo
- Tzars Village and Peterhof Skip-The-Line Private Tour from St Petersburg
- Catherine Palace & Park (Pushkin Tour)
- Private Tour of Tsarskoe Selo - Catherine Palace and Park with Hotel Pickup
Things to do near St Petersburg
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Moscow
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Kaunas
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Rovaniemi
- Things to do in Luosto
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Central Norway
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region