The esteemed Phillips Collection houses one of the most prized collections of artwork in Washington DC. The collection features work from such renowned artists as Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Vincent van Gogh, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Georgia O’Keeffe, and Mark Rothko. The collection is known for its intimate feeling, as though visitors are stepping into a home, rather than a museum.
Founded by Duncan Phillips and Marjorie Acker Phillips in 1921, The Phillips Collection is known for its role in bringing modern art into the mainstream in America. It is America’s first museum of modern art. It began as a small, well-curated collection of family art and has grown to include more than 3,000 works of art by American and European impressionist and modern artists. The museum hosts a variety of events every year, including special displays and exhibits. There is a coffee shop on the premises to enjoy before or after perusing the museum.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are Phillips Collection hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Phillips Collection?
- Washington DC Food Tour: Italian Cuisine in Dupont Circle
- Dupont Circle and Embassy Row Architecture Tour
- Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour and Attractions Pass
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Delphi
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey