Are you interested in?
- Full-day combo tour to the Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves from Auckland
- Enjoy a Kiwi-style lunch
- Includes round-trip transport from Auckland CBD hotels
- Small group limited to 14 ensures personal service
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 25 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
After the tour, trade Hobbit trivia with your fellow travelers over a Kiwi-style lunch.
Next, embark on an underground adventure at the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where thousands of tiny worms illuminate caverns thanks to natural phosphorescent properties. Watch the mesmerizing natural light show while gliding through the cave on a boat, and learn about the area’s natural and cultural history from a guide—likely a descendant of the Maori chief who originally discovered the caves. You also explore on foot Cathedral Cove, known for its impressive acoustics.
On the return drive to Auckland, travel through some of the North Island’s most beautiful countryside, following the Waikato River (New Zealand’s longest), and passing both the Maori king’s home at Ngaruawahia and Taupiri, site of a sacred Maori burial ground. The full-day tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- A maximum of 14 people per booking (We can provide this tour to groups larger than 14 by discussions with Viator and ourselves)
- A small amount of easy walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auckland Scenic Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands