Are you interested in?
86 Tours & Activities
419 Tours & Activities
91 Tours & Activities
8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover the ancient legends and landmarks that define the corridor between Wallachia and Transylvania on a private day trip to the Prahova Valley. Visit sacred spaces like Ialomitei Cave and the Pestera Monastery, and ride a cable car up into the Bucegi Mountains to see the mysterious Sphinx and Babele rock formations. Gain insight into the region's history and modern Romanian culture from a private guide on this customized tour from Bucharest.
- Private, full-day trip to the Prahova Valley from Bucharest
- Explore the fertile valley that bisects the Southern and Eastern Carpathian Mountains
- Drive through the beautiful Romanian countryside
- Step inside the ancient Ialomitei Cave and visit the Pestera Monastery
- Ride a cable car to a mountain top lookout
- See the Sphinx and Babele natural rock formations
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
One bottle of water/person
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
Snacks (bananas and biscuits for energy)
Cable car ride
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from any hotel, hostel, guest house or apartment from Bucharest.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please note: The tour reaches an elevation of 7,516 feet (2,291 meters), which may affect those with respiratory issues
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Voyager Turism
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 7793P12
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeArchitecture ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestOtopeni4WD Tours - WallachiaSporting Events - WallachiaBus Tours - WallachiaExtreme - WallachiaArchitecture Tours - WallachiaFull-day Tours - Wallachia4WD Tours - OtopeniSporting Events - OtopeniBus Tours - OtopeniExtreme - OtopeniArchitecture Tours - OtopeniFull-day Tours - Otopeni4WD Tours - BrasovSporting Events - BrasovBus Tours - BrasovExtreme - BrasovArchitecture Tours - BrasovFull-day Tours - BrasovCategory
Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumBucharest University PalaceGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Museum of Senses BucharestPatriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Arcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Holocaust MemorialStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)Choral Temple (Templul Coral)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Great Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History