Are you interested in?
476 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
701 Tours & Activities
Centro Historico Tours
61 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Get the most out of limited time in Mexico City on this tour designed for seeing as many of the city’s highlights as possible during a half-day layover. This private walking tour is customized to fit your itinerary and interests. Meet your guide at a convenient central location in the capital’s historic center (or arrange airport pickup for an additional fee) and get guided from attraction to attraction.
- Make the most of a layover in Mexico City on a guided walking tour
- Experience many of the historic city center’s highlights in a half-day outing
- Customize your tour to match your interests and itinerary
- Begin your walk at a convenient downtown location or request airport pickup
Saved to wishlist!
3- hours Walking tour
Airport pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Tips / Gratuities to the guide (optional)
Airport pickup and drop-off (if option NOT selected)
Tour time extention (possible, please contact us)
Departure & Return
Departure PointMexico City International Airport, Av. Capitán Carlos León S/N, Peñón de los Baños, Venustiano Carranza, 15620 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
As this is a custom made private tour, we will contact you to set up all details on your tour.
- Juarez Intl Airport, Mexico City Mexico
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
3-hr Tour with Pick up Service
7/1/2020 - 11/4/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
3-hr Walking Tour Only
7/1/2020 - 11/4/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Additional hour: $15USD per person
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mexico a Pie Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mexico City Layover Tour: Downtown City Sightseeing?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mexico City Layover Tour: Downtown City Sightseeing?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mexico City Layover Tour: Downtown City Sightseeing?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mexico City Layover Tour: Downtown City Sightseeing?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Since I had a 9 hour layover, it seemed only wise to use that time to see the extraordinary Zocalo area of downtown Mexico City." See review
- "This tour was perfect for my layover being on foot was a great change after being on a long flight and helped me enjoy the sites and work up an appetite for the amazing food." See review
Product code: 41370P6
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAirport & Hotel TransfersWalking ToursLayover Tours Half-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportMexico CityBus Tours - Central MexicoAirport & Hotel Transfers - Central MexicoWalking Tours - Central MexicoLayover Tours - Central MexicoHalf-day Tours - Central MexicoBus Tours - TaxcoAirport & Hotel Transfers - TaxcoWalking Tours - TaxcoLayover Tours - TaxcoHalf-day Tours - TaxcoBus Tours - AcapulcoAirport & Hotel Transfers - AcapulcoWalking Tours - AcapulcoLayover Tours - AcapulcoHalf-day Tours - AcapulcoCategory
Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky)Jamaica Market (Mercado Jamaica)San Juan Market (Mercado de San Juan)Inbursa Aquarium San AngelSoumaya Museum (Plaza Carso)Reforma 222Museum of El Carmen (Museo de El Carmen)Mexico City Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)San Juan Bautista Church (Parroquia San Juan Bautista)Franz Mayer Museum (Museo Franz Mayer)National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia)Museum of Tequila and Mezcal (Museo del Tequila y el Mezcal)Dolores Olmedo Museum (Museo Dolores Olmedo)Arena MexicoTamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo Studio-MuseumAnahuacalli Museum (Museo Anahuacalli)Estrella Biopark (Bioparque Estrella)Iztaccihuatl