Explore Napa and Sonoma's wine country in a luxury van on this full-day trip from San Francisco. With a small group limited to thirteen participants and a local guide, learn about Napa and Sonoma's famous wine culture and view its stunning scenery. Dine at a top-notch Sonoma restaurant, visit at least two world-class wineries and enjoy a sparkling wine toast at one of Napa's top sparkling wine vineyards. Round-trip transportation from San Francisco hotels is included.
- Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley wine tour
- Soak in views of rolling vineyard-covered hills on a relaxing ride by luxury minivan
- Visit at least three top wineries and sample vintage wines in their tasting rooms
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a cozy restaurant in Sonoma
- Toast with a glass of bubbly at Domaine Chandon
- Learn about wine making from your experienced guide
- Wine tastings, lunch and round-trip transport from San Francisco included
- Small-group tour ensures personal service
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This luxe wine country trip includes tasting fees and a bistro lunch, all with an intimate group capped at 13.
Following pickup from your San Francisco hotel, board your luxury van for the hour-long ride to Sonoma's wine country. Along the way, relax and get to know your guide and intimate tour group of just thirteen people.
Learn about the art and science of winemaking by visiting at least two world-class Sonoma wineries. Tour the properties and visit their tasting and barrel rooms to sample some of the wines they make right on site. Wineries you may visit include Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, Larson Family Winery, Cline Cellars, Homewood Winery and Viansa Winery.
At midday, head to Plaza Bistro in Sonoma for a gourmet lunch. Please see the Itinerary section below for a sample lunch menu.
After lunch, climb back aboard your van and enjoy a scenic ride through Napa's rolling hills to Domaine Chandon. There, find your reserved table and toast to your new friends and a great day of wine tasting with a glass of the winery's famous bubbly.
When your full-day tour concludes, enjoy a ride back to San Francisco and drop-off at your hotel.
Sample Menu (subject to change):
Choice of starter:
• Tomato bisque - tomato soup infused with herbs and enriched with cream and Parmesan cheese
• Classic Caesar salad -hearts of romaine lettuce, croutons, anchovy dressing and Parmesan cheeseChoice of entree:
• Cheeseburger, grilled half pound chuck patty with jack cheese on a Basque Boulangerie roll*
• Chicken breast sandwich with sliced avocado, tomato, red onions, lettuce and chipotle aioli on ciabatta*
• Open face portobello sandwich with roasted red bell peppers, sauteed spinach and crumbled Chevre goat
• cheese over focaccia*
• Pasta Bolognese, slow braised ground beef and pork in a house-made marinara sauce,
• tossed with rigatoni pasta and Parmesan cheese
• Fettuccine pasta tossed with oven roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, fresh basil and olive oil
• Grilled salmon over sauteed vegetables, drizzled with balsamic reduction
• Chopped butter leaf salad tossed with grape tomatoes, green beans, julienne carrot, toasted pine nuts and creamy pesto dressing*All sandwiches come with French fries
Choice of beverage:
Soft drinks, iced tea, or coffee