Are you interested in?
- Half-day tour from Salzburg to the Eagle’s Nest
- Admire the alpine scenery as you travel from Austria to Bavaria
- Pass Hellbrunn Castle and the Königsee River Valley
- Travel up to the Eagle’s Nest by shuttle bus and elevator
- Enjoy a skip-the-line Eagle’s Nest tour with a knowledgeable guide
- Learn all about the Hitler’s former retreat as you explore
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal on Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church)
What To Expect
Arrive at the mountainside hamlet of Obersalzburg. Snake up the scenic road on a brief shuttle ride, passing the mountain of Hoher Göll. Then, debark and step inside a World War II-era elevator made from brass, which once transported Hitler’s guests to the Eagle’s Nest. At the top, bypass the crowds with a direct access ticket and enter the complex.
Built for Hitler’s 50th birthday, wander the site with your guide, learning the history behind it as you go. Soak up the incredible views as you look out from a perch of some 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) above ground.
Afterward, visit the charming town of Berchtesgaden to explore independently and purchase lunch. Your half-day excursion will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point in Salzburg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Eagles Nest is at 6000 feet elevation. In the rarely event of adverse or inclement weather may result in a cancellation/amendment of the tour due to safety reasons.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms