Are you interested in?
- Combo package gives you a full day of sightseeing in the Bavarian Alps!
- Visit the Obersalzberg, Königsee and the town of Berchtesgaden
- See the Eagle's Nest, the remains of Hitler's mountain retreat
- Dress up in miner's clothing and descend into the 450-year-old salt mines
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church) Mirabellplatz / 5020 Salzburg
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your tour in central Salzburg, where you’ll meet up with your guide and venture through the Bavarian Mountains aboard your coach. Travel past Untersberg Mountain, featured in the opening and final scenes of The Sound of Music. Enjoy the stunning landscape of the Alps as you journey to Germany’s Obersalzberg, where the former mountain retreat of Hitler is located.
Shoot up to the top of the mountain in an original brass elevator, where you'll witness incredible views the countryside stretched out before you. Afterward, take a 45-minute break to purchase lunch at one of the nearby restaurants before rejoining with your guide for the second part of your tour.
After a relaxing lunch, explore the salt mines situated beneath Obersalzberg. Slip on authentic mining wear and travel down into the grottos on the same slide used by the miners.
Discover the underground world dating back 450 years, and learn about the mines' rich history and the stories of its workers. Sail across the scenic salt lake and enjoy a train ride before ascending back to the surface.
Continue to Königssee, a glacial lake situated among the surrounding mountains. Soak up some free time to explore the area on your own before stopping at the town of Berchtesgaden to roam the streets and local shops. Your tour will conclude with transportation back to Salzburg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The morning part of the trip was worthwhile, the afternoon less so." See review
- "We were very rushed at the Eagles Nest and only had a total of 40 minutes, a bit disorganized in the morning as we were herded onto buses" See review
- "We enjoyed skipping the lines at the Eagles nest (be sure to have cash they don't accept credit cards)." See review