Are you interested in?
- Picturesque drive through the Bavarian mountains
- Exhilirating slide down to the magical mine grottos
- Fascinating tales of the salt mines' history
- 'The Sound of Music' convent at Nonnberg Abbey
- Visit the famous 'Sound of Music' gazebo
- Experience magnificent lake and mountain scenery of the Salzkammergut
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church) Mirabellplatz / 5020 Salzburg
What To Expect
After a scenic drive, arrive at the salt mines and step into authentic miners' gear. As you enter, learn the history and local lore buried deep within this 450-year-old underground world. Travel down to the grottos on the same slides used by the miners and enjoy a thrilling descent! Explore the hidden terrain with a raft sail across the famous salt lake before making your way back up to the surface.
After your adventure in the salt mines, take off on your 'Sound of Music' tour. Led by an expert guide, re-live your favorite scenes with stops at Mondsee to see the wedding church, as well as the Mirabell Gardens, the famous place where the children sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’ with Maria.
As you drive from each location, sing along to the celebrated songs from the film, including 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen,' 'Edelweiss' and the cherished classic 'The Sound of Music'. You also have a chance to learn more about Salzburg’s rich history and architectural gems while you sightsee, and enjoy views of the stunning lake district.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "No photos allowed but they sell you the photos they take, 10 euros for two pictures." See review