1 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Trace the footsteps of Mary, Queen of Scots with admission to Falkland Palace near Edinburgh. This 16th-century hunting palace was loved by Mary and houses tapestries, art, and antiques. See the rooms, royal tennis court, and Percy Cane-designed gardens, and take the opportunity to explore Falkland village, where filming for ‘Outlander’ took place, independently. If you wish, upgrade to a 3-Day or 7-Day Discover Ticket for access to around 60 more Scotland National Trust sites.
- Admission to Falkland Palace in Falkland, near Edinburgh
- Visit the 16th-century retreat of the Stuart dynasty, a favorite of Mary, Queen of Scots
- Explore the rooms and royal apartments, with their 17th-century tapestries, painted walls, and antiques
- View Britain's oldest royal tennis court, built in 1539
- Admire the only complete example of a Percy Cane garden, created in the 1950s
- Take the opportunity to visit Falkland village, with its Outlander TV shoot locations
- Upgrade to a 3-Day or 7-Day ticket for additional access to around 60 National Trust attractions in Scotland
Saved to wishlist!
The listed price does not include parking, which is available at a nearby public car park
Departure & Return
Departure PointFalkland Palace and Garden, Falkland, Fife, KY15 7BY
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY The National Trust for Scotland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 6454P7
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesScotlandAttractions & Museums - EdinburghMuseum Tickets & Passes - EdinburghAttractions & Museums - GlasgowMuseum Tickets & Passes - GlasgowAttractions & Museums - InvernessMuseum Tickets & Passes - InvernessCategory
Jedburgh AbbeyArgyll and Sutherland Highlanders' MuseumReal Mary King's CloseVerdant WorksRobert Burns Birthplace MuseumPreston Mill & Phantassie DoocotDalwhinnie DistilleryNational Museum of ScotlandEdinburgh Old TownCorrieshalloch GorgeGlencoe (Glen Coe)Hopetoun HouseScottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two (Dean Gallery)Eden Court Theatre and CinemaCalton HillGlenkinchie DistilleryKelvingrove Art Gallery and MuseumCastle RockButt of Lewis LighthouseQuiraing