Kick off your evening at one of Taipei’s top spas with a Chinese foot massage, then head over to Taipei 101 for a dumpling dinner at an award-winning eatery. Meet your guide at hotel pickup and be whisked away by minivan to luxuriate in a comfy recliner at your spa retreat.
After soaking your feet, an expert massage practitioner uses foot reflexology on pressure points that help you relax. Enjoy 40 minutes of tension-releasing foot massage followed by 10 minutes soothing sore shoulder muscles. If you’d like, select from an array of other massage options (at additional cost).
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, gather with your small group for dinner at Din Tai Fung restaurant, a Michelin-star establishment at Taipei 101. Head to the popular eatery inside the skyscraper, and watch chefs prepare award-winning dim sum, including xiao long bao, a signature dish served along with other specialties such as shao mai dumplings (see a sample menu in Itinerary).
Your guide will demonstrate how to partake in typical Taiwanese cuisine then return you to your hotel refreshed and relaxed.
• Hot and sour soup: usually meat-based, this broth contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour
• Xiao long bao dumplings: traditionally steamed in small bamboo baskets, each bun is characteristically filled with pork and soup
• Shao mai (siumai) dumplings: also referred to as pork and mushroom dumplings, they include shrimp, Chinese black mushrooms, scallions and ginger
• Steamed vegetable and ground pork dumplings: this common Chinese dumpling generally consists of minced meat and finely chopped vegetables wrapped into a piece of dough skin
• Fried rice with egg: steamed rice stir-fried in a wok and mixed with other ingredients