Things to Do in Auckland with Kids
Whether you’re planning a quick stopover or spending a few days in town, Auckland has plenty of family-friendly fun. From catamaran harbor tours to mazes and ziplines, here are some kid-approved things you won’t want to miss while visiting the City of Sails.
- Board a catamaran at Viaduct Harbour, and search for whales, dolphins, petrels, and penguins in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park.
- Visit the Sky Tower observation decks, and watch daredevils on the SkyJump and SkyWalk; children ages 10 and up can do the latter activity.
- Head to the Odyssey Sensory Maze, and wander through a challenging course of optical illusions, sound effects, and mysterious scents.
- Hop on a sightseeing bus for a narrated city tour, then take a boat cruise on Waitemata Harbour or ride the ferry to Devonport for ice cream.
- Include the family on an e-bike ride to Silo Park in summer to check out the food trucks, outdoor cinema, and live entertainment.
- Learn about Auckland’s geology during a guided walk to volcanic sites, and snap panoramic photos of the harbor and city.
- Ferry to Waiheke Island, and ride a zipline on a 3-course canopy tour.
- Take a scenic drive through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set, and look for Hobbit Holes and more on a small-group tour.