Known for its live music scene, stellar restaurants, green spaces, and hippie culture, the quirky Texas capital is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Despite its expanding size, Austin maintains a welcoming small-town vibe. Here are some of the best ways to experience the local culture in Austin.
- Get a new view of downtown Austin during a stand-up paddleboarding lesson on Lady Bird Lake.
- Dive into East Austin’s street art scene with a walking tour and hands-on lesson from local artists.
- Explore Austin's darker side on a running tour past haunted sites and Congress Avenue Bridge, home of the largest urban bat colony in North America.
- Take advantage of Austin's stellar network of recreational trails and cycle past Lady Bird Lake, Longhorn Dam, and Govalle Park on a bike tour of Walnut Creek.
- Hop aboard the Brunch Bus and treat your taste buds to local specialties like breakfast tacos, Czech kolaches, and chicken with waffles—all to the sounds of a live band.
- Zip past the Texas State Capitol and down Sixth Street on a bike tour to learn why Austin is called the Live Music Capital of the World.