The Berlin Wall fell in 1989, but it wasn’t until 1990 that Germany was officially reunified. Every October 3, Berliners celebrate the forward-thinking spirit of their city. Here’s how to join in on the fun.
- Celebrate local culture with a concert at the Charlottenburg Palace.
- Discover the details of the Cold War period in Berlin with a Cold War-themed walking tour.
- Experience the vibrant neighborhoods Berliners call home during a stroll through Kreuzberg, Mitte, and Friedrichshain.
- Join a bike tour focused on surviving sections of the Berlin Wall and Cold War history.
- Learn about Berlin’s history with a Highlights and Hidden Sites historical walking tour.