Autumn in Cancun means milder weather that’s still warm enough for a beach day. Travelers visiting between September and November will find perfect conditions for trips to ancient ruins, tropical islands, and thick jungles—and with students in school, there are fewer crowds at Cancun’s most popular sites. Here’s how to take advantage of the season:
- Visit the ancient city of Chichen Itza on a Maya archeology tour.
- Board an all-inclusive party cruise to dance your way to Isla Mujeres.
- Discover an underground river on a cave tour.
- Watch the fall equinox reveal Chichen Itza’s hidden shadow snake.
- Splash your way through a Cancun adventure park.
- Join a snorkeling tour to grab the tail end of whale shark season.