Home to Cape Canaveral, Florida’s Space Coast has earned its name, as every NASA–manned space mission has launched here. With both space–themed sites and 72 miles of beaches, there’s no shortage of things to do in the area. Here are some ideas.
- Take part in an Astronaut Training Experience and pretend you're preparing for space travel.
- Go behind the scenes at the Kennedy Space Center and dine with an astronaut or take a simulated space flight.
- Tour NASA's launch headquarters and the space center's many exhibits, easily accessible on a day trip from Orlando.
- Take a helicopter tour over Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, or the Kennedy Space Center to see them from the air.
- See manatees and dolphins from a boat, kayak, or paddleboard.
- Rent a bike and cycle by the sea at Cocoa Beach, or hop into the ocean to learn to surf.