Comprised of 99 islands (five more at low tide) on Malaysia’s western coast, Langkawi is the postcard image of a tropical paradise. With Langkawi Island as a base, travelers come from around the globe to explore the archipelago, both above and below the water. These are some of your best island-hopping options.
- Set sail for Langkawi’s outlying islands along the coast of Kuala Perlis aboard a 2-masted yacht.
- Zoom around the islands, rocky outcrops, and hidden bays of the Andaman Sea aboard a Jet Ski.
- Explore the undersea world of Pulau Payar Marine Park or the colorful coral reefs off Koh Lipe.
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch cooked onboard a boat or on a remote beach.
- Go for a swim in Dayang Bunting Lake, the largest freshwater lake in the country.
- Spot dolphins, flying fish, and birds of prey as you explore the archipelago.
- See the region from two perspectives with a longboat tour of the islands and a ride on the Langkawi Cable Car.