With open-air ice rinks, twinkling lights, festive window displays, and seasonal markets—as well as a plethora of heated indoor attractions to take shelter in—New York City in winter is an out-and-out delight. For travelers visiting NYC during the colder months, here are a few of the best things to do.
- Browse handmade crafts and one-of-a-kind gifts at Christmas markets.
- See the city decked out in its festive finest with Christmas lights walking tours.
- Get tickets for the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
- Toast the holiday season aboard a sightseeing cruise.
- See the year out with a bang at a New Year’s Eve party.
- Listen to soulful singers on a gospel tour of Harlem.
- Glide around the ice at an open-air rink.