Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
Set on the serene Cap Ferrat cape jutting out over the Mediterranean, the picturesque Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild holds one of the most sought after settings on the French Riviera. The pink-painted villa, once belonging to wealthy Frenchwoman Béatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild, was designed by Belgian architect Aaron Messiah and built in the early 20th century. Today, the striking seafront palazzo is maintained by the Institut de France and is open to the public, and also hosts the annual summer opera festival: Opera Azuriales.
The villa’s grounds are the real attraction with a collection of nine exquisitely landscaped gardens. These gardens, listed by the Ministry of Culture as some of the ‘notable gardens of France,’ feature Spanish and Japanese themed gardens, a colorful rose garden, and a ‘stone garden’ decorated with ornate ‘musical fountains,’ with water features synchronized to music.
Tours and tickets to Experience Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
What are Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild hours of operation?
Should I book Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild 2021?
What's the best way to experience Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild?
- French Riviera Famous Cities Scoot Coupe Self Drive Tour from Nice
- Guided Coastal Hike Around St Jean Cap Ferrat
- French Riviera Solar Powered Boat Private Cruise + Pick-up from Nice option
- Private Cruise Near Nice and Monaco with Solar Powered Boat
Things to do near Nice
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
- Things to do in Monaco-Ville
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Antibes
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Provence