Cooloola Recreation Area
Massive sand dunes, rocky cliffs, saltwater beaches, thick wooded forests, wildflower patches and freshwater lakes make Cooloola Recreation Area the perfect place to escape the bustle of Queensland and get back to nature. From family-friendly tent camps to remote bush sites, Cooloola offers travelers a low-key, high-quality Outback experience that’s certain to be a trip highlight.
Miles of walking trails and hiking passes wind through Cooloola. Visitors can spend a few hours trekking along one of the circuits, or take an overnight hike to one of the park’s scenic overlooks. But perhaps the most popular activity in Cooloola Recreation Area is canoeing on the upper Noosa River. A number of popular routes link visitors to campsites, fishing points and hiking paths, where wildlife viewing is at its peak.
What are Cooloola Recreation Area hours of operation?
Should I book Cooloola Recreation Area tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cooloola Recreation Area 2020?
What's the best way to experience Cooloola Recreation Area?
Things to do near Queensland
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Port Douglas
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Aeroglen
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Tasmania