Situated on a hill above the seashore just south of Sanya, Luhuitou Park is a favorite place on the island to watch the sunset, especially from the observation station atop Luhuitou Mountain. Several walking paths crisscross the park, shaded by red coconut trees where monkeys can sometimes be spotted. Kiosks throughout sell red coconut, a local specialty.
A statue of a deer looking back over its shoulder stands at the top of the park — a tribute to the local legend that gave the park its name. As the story goes, a tyrannical emperor asked a young man to bring him back a pair of deer antlers. While the young man was hunting, he spotted a deer being chased by a panther, but instead of taking aim at the deer, he shot the panther with his arrow. After chasing the deer for nine days and nine nights, they arrived at a cliff’s edge (the current location of the park), and as the boy took aim at the deer, it turned its head and transformed into a young woman. The pair fell in love and were married, and the young woman’s family helped defeat the tyrant.
Tours and tickets to Experience Luhuitou Park
What are Luhuitou Park hours of operation?
Should I book Luhuitou Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Luhuitou Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Luhuitou Park?
- Sanya Shore Excursion: Sanya Luhuitou Park & Local Grocery Market visit
- Sanya 3 Days Private Highlight Tour for Nanshan Temple and Luhuitou Park
- Tour for 5 days at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya
- 4 Days Classic Sanya Private Tour with Airport Transfer
Things to do near Sanya
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Zhanjiang
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Zhuhai
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Shenzhen
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Guangxi