Are you interested in?
- Food and walking tour of Athens
- Learn about Greek cuisine from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit the Athens Central Market to see typical ingredients
- Stop into a beloved bakery, traditional taverns, and family-owned restaurants
- Taste authentic and delicious dishes
- Hear stories about Greece and its food traditions
Departure & Return
Your guide will be waiting for you by the fountain at Syntagma Square. Please be there 10' early, in order to meet the rest of the group and begin your tour promptly.
What To Expect
Start your culinary experience by visiting a traditional Greek bakery that has been in operation since the 1920s. Taste their delicious pie, which has been a popular treat in Athens for almost a century. Continue to discover the best eateries in Athens with generous helpings of foods such as mousaka (a roasted dish with eggplant or potatoes and meat), stuffed tomatoes and peppers, and your choice of soup.
Tour the Athens Central Market, visit restaurants that are local favorites, and hear about spots that you may want to visit later on your own. Expect to try a number of dishes, with enough food to make up a filling meal.
Your guide shares insightful commentary about Greek culinary traditions and culture, offering a glimpse of the real Greece that many visitors miss.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greeking.me
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience