Are you interested in?
- Greek cooking class at an enchanting taverna in the city center
- Enjoy a glass of raki and learn about traditional family cooking in Greece
- Hone your cooking skills under the watchful eye of a local chef
- Prepare authentic Greek starters and a main course
- Sit down and relax as you enjoy your Greek feast in the taverna
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people provides a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
You will meet your cooking instructor at Hill Athens Restaurant, 27 Apostolou Pavlou str. Apostolou Pavlou street starts from Thissio metro station, with direction towards the Acropolis.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The Greek diet is a classic example of Mediterranean cuisine, based on colorful foods from both land and sea. Dive right into the world of Greek cuisine with your chef, and learn about hearty stews, fresh shellfish and typical flavorings such as cinnamon, oregano, and lemon.
Prepare an authentic meal under the guidance of your instructor, creating four appetizers and one main course, with plenty of fresh spices and herbs. While recipes tend to vary, expect to learn local favorites such as Greek salad, tzatziki, melitazanopitakia (eggplant pies), and roasted lamb.
After all of your hard work, sit down with your group to savor each of your dishes. Pair your menu with a complimentary glass of wine or a soft drink and chat with your fellow chefs while you eat. Your cooking class will conclude after the meal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for children aged 9 and under; children should always be supervised by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The Covid19 Measures set by the Greek Government frequently change. Thus, it is advisable to check local restrictions applicable to indoor and outdoor activities.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms