Are you interested in?
- Day trip from Beirut to Byblos, Jeita Grotto, and Harissa
- Scenic drive through Byblos, one of the oldest cities in the world
- See attractions such as the Jeita Grotto, the Byblos Castle, and the Virgin Mary Statue in Harissa
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of traditional Lebanese "mezze" in Byblos
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
Departure & Return
Alternatively, we offer pick up and drop from Hotels located in Beirut City Only. (No Pick up from Hostels, airbnbs, or private residences). You must provide hotel name upon booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
From Jeita, make your way to Byblos—one of the oldest cities on earth. Home to more than 24 successive civilizations, this 7,000-year-old city is among the top archeological areas in the nation. Follow your guide through some of the highlights, including the Byblos Castle, as you explore this ancient destination. Make a stop at the medieval Roman port, which ranks tops among the city’s tourist spots.
Enjoy a traditional Lebanese lunch (included) before making your way to Harissa, where you get an up-close look at the Statue of the Virgin Mary—including the chapel and spiral staircase—and have the opportunity to look out over impressive views of the Bay of Jounieh. Your guide explains how these religious sites are a destination for pilgrims from across the globe. Capture as many photos as you can at this religious destination before you settle back into the comfort of your private vehicle for the return trip to your Beirut hotel, where this incredible tour ends.
Please note: Though the US Department of State has issued a warning against travel to Lebanon due to safety and security concerns, Viator’s Lebanon tours continue to operate with no disruptions. We are in frequent contact with our local suppliers and guides in Lebanon, and they report that all tours are operating as scheduled. Should the situation change, we will update this information and customers will be notified of alterations or cancellations to tours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Jeita Grotto will be closed for maintenance from (February 1 to 15)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nakhal & Cie
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff