- 3-day luxury coach tour exploring the highlights of the Top End including Kakadu National Park
- Travel to the isolated and pristine Arnhem Land by 4WD
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour Yellow Waters cruise
- Cruise along the East Alligator River
- Lunch is included on all three days
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
In isolated Arnhem Land, learn about the original inhabitants’ strong connection to the land as you visit sacred sites and settlements with an Aboriginal guide, learn bush hunting techniques and encounter native wildlife on an East Alligator River cruise.
Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach and a 4WD vehicle (in Arnhem Land), and choose from three different overnight accommodation options to suit your budget and style. The tour includes all park fees, hotel pickup and drop-off in Darwin and a delicious lunch each day.
Depart Darwin and enter Kakadu National Park, stopping at the Bark Hut for some morning tea (at own expense). Next, travel to Nourlangie Rock Aboriginal art site. Here your guide will talk about the escrapments and the ancient rock art that is found here. You will then enjoy a cold buffet lunch.
After lunch, join a local guide for a 1.5-hour cruise on the Yellow Water billabong. Look for saltwater crocodiles basking in the sun and a colourful range of birdlife for which the region is renowned.
Next, visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to better understand the park's culture and history.
2 Nights Accommodation: Mercure Crocodile Holiday Inn, Kakadu
Day 2: 4-Wheel Drive into Arnhem Land - Oenpelli Aboriginal Settlement - Mikinj Valley (L)
Travel by 4WD vehicle into Arnhem Land and the Mikinj Valley. Your guide will make stops along the way, showing you different rock artin Arnhem Land, explain about the history of the people in Arnhem Land, how they lived and fed off the land. Hear of traditional land ownership and bush skills from your Aboriginal guide. Visit special ancient Aboriginal art sites, the Oenpelli Aboriginal settlement and the Injalak Arts and crafts centre. Enjoy lunch in Mikinj Valley.
Day 3: Ubirr Art Site - East Alligator River Cruise - Bowali Visitor Centre - Darwin (L)
Travel to Ubirr to explore Aboriginal artwork with your guide. Venture up onto the rock formations for a fantastic view across Kakadu National Park.
Next, join an Aboriginal guide on the Guluyambi Cruise along the East Alligator River, which takes you between Kakadu and Arnhem Land. Learn about the history of the area while spotting crocodiles and birdlife. Your guide will also show you traditional spear-throwing techniques.
After a cold buffet lunch, drive through the town of Janiru before arriving at Bowali Visitor Centre. Depart Kakadu National Park and head back to the city of Darwin.
Hotel Pickup List:
06.05 - Alatai Apartments
06.05 - Argus Apartments
06.10 - Argus Hotel
07.05 - Boomerang Caravan Park
06.05 - Cavanagh Hotel
06.10 - City Garden Apartments
07.10 - Coolalinga Caravan Park
06.00 - Cullen Bay Apartments
06.15 - Darwin Central Hotel
06.05 - Darwin City Edge Motel & Suites
06.50 - Discovery Holiday Park
06.15 - DoubleTree Hilton Darwin
06.15 - DoubleTree Hilton Esplanade Darwin
07.00 - Free Spirit Resort
06.10 - H Hotel
06.50 - Hidden Valley Caravan Park
06.15 - Hilton Darwin
07.05 - Howard Springs Caravan Park (Hwy)
06.05 - Mantra Pandanas
06.15 - Marrakai Apartments
06.15 - Mediterranean
06.15 - Novotel Atrium
07.10 - Oasis Caravan Park
06.15 - Palms City Resort
06.40 - Quest Berrimah
06.50 - Rydges Palmerston
06.00 - SkyCity
06.20 - Transit Centre
06.10 - Travelodge Mirambeena Resort
06.00 - Vibe Waterfront
06.15 - YHA Darwin
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that itinerary is subject to change due to weather and road conditions
- Maximum of 3 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 4 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing.
- Please bring water bottle, camera, hat, sun protection and Insect repellent
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 3-Day Kakadu National Park and Arnhem Land Explorer Tour from Darwin.